Crisis Communications 201
This is the third installment of my weekly series on Crisis Communications. It is time to review your organization’s emergency preparedness plan and make any necessary adjustments to continue to move forward through this Covid-19 pandemic with intention and values-driven leadership.
We are officially in the midst of a worldwide crisis – the #Covid-19 #Pandemic – and it is looking like it will be continuing for a bit longer than we had originally hoped. Now is not the time to get discouraged. We WILL get through this together. And, while we need to continue to soldier on and push through this crisis we also need to take time to breathe and to gain perspective.
How are you holding up through this time?
What can you do to ensure that you are taking care of yourself so that you can care for and lead others?
- Model how to incorporate self-care to ensure that you are able to perform at top capacity through this uncertain time.
- Fuel your body with healthy nutrients, sleep, and oxygen (breathing, meditation, physical activity, etc.)
- Are you empowering others around you to allow them to contribute during this situation?
How are those around you doing? Your team? Your family? Your community?
What can you do to help them? Meaningful action is so helpful during times of need.
- Providing regular and consistent communication through this time is essential and can do a great deal to relieve anxiety during a stressful time.
- Can you suggest or implement a simple routine for others to look forward to?
- Can you recruit others to help support your cause and share your approach with others?
How are your processes rolling out?
It is completely acceptable and expected for you to reassess, adjust, and optimize based on feedback and changing needs.
- What are the biggest questions that you are getting that you can address in your next communications?
- Are there any unexpected issues that are coming up that need you to address?
- Are you noticing any areas where you can optimize further or make additional efficiencies?
- Have any new opportunities come to light? Are there any new companies or organizations that you can partner with?
How can I help you?
- Is there anything that you would like me to address in more detail?
- Are you struggling with your crisis communication plan and could use some additional perspective?
I’d love to help you! This is the time for us to work together toward a common goal. I’ll have more for you next week on how to manage your crisis response for your organization.
Don’t miss future articles. Subscribe to The Corner Blog.